20101206

Dumpster-diving-vege-burger and micro-chipped-man/ダンプスターダイビングベジバーガーとマイクロチップ化された男


At back yard of Sarah's house. 8pm of Tasmanian summer is still bright enough to enjoy outdoor. Sitting on the grass, drinking beer, and looking at the three dogs. Sarah's dogs have just arrived at Launceston today. After the voyage from Melbourne, two dogs fawned upon Sarah.  Clare's dog was busy to explored garden. (I'm sorry that I don't remember the dogs' names. )Beautiful and peaceful time. Only one problem was that I was being bitten by mosquitoes. My list, arms and legs felt itchy.  We moved into the house to avoid mosquitoes. The bottle of red wine was opened.
サラの家の裏庭で。タスマニアの夏の午後八時はまだまだ明るい。庭に出て、芝生の上に座り、ビールを飲んで、三匹の犬を眺める。サラの犬は今日ロンセストンについたばかりだ。メルボルンからの船旅を終えた二匹の犬はサラに甘えている。クレアの犬は庭の探検に忙しい。ピースフルな時間。ただひとつ問題があるとすれば、蚊。手首に腕に脚が痒いったらない。蚊から逃げるように家の中へと場所をうつし、新しく赤ワインのボトルをあける。

Sarah told us that her dogs have already registered at Launceston city counsel. I didn't get the meaning. Why were dogs registered? She explained that it is rule in Australia. It is required to resist pet dogs and masters names. The microchip was implanted into dog's body. In the case dog run away and city counsel captured them. When dog is scanned, we will be able to know the dogs' name and master's name. I said that 'Isn't it scary? I mean, having microchip in body.' Doug answered that 'it is not scary. The microchip is really small.' 'but...' I wasn't convinced. I said that dogs might felt pain. Doug said 'no. no.' How can we know it doesn't cause pain? I fixed the dog's shoulder.

Doug said 'I am "microchiped". '
'What!?'
I didn't understand what did he say.
He said slowly and clearly ' I AM MICRO CHIPED.'
'What did you say? Did you say that you are microchiped??'
I didn't understand what does it mean. I was confused.
He tucked up his yellow t-shirt and show me his stomach.
He pointed next to his bellybutton and said 'the microchip is here.'
He said he had a shot of microchep into his stomach. I was in great confusion.
Did I make misunderstanding? Did I catch wrong information?
'So.. you mean you have a microchip in your stomach, do you?'I knit my eyebrow.
Doug laughed heartily.
He said 'Yes. I have a microchip in my stomach. I haven't registered yet though.'
I blinked my eyes.
I mumbled '.......is it Australian joke?'
Sarah explained that 'it is true. He have microchip in his stomach, but normally people don't do that.'
So I started to believe that he has "microchiped" but I didn't understand.
'WHY?' I asked.
'For fun!' He answered.
He put microchip into yourself just for fun! Isn't it little bit crazy?
He said "I want to register myself as a tasmania devil someday."
hmmm... he might be born to be comedian.
He was convulsed with laughter.

......................................well..... any way, I have never met someone who have been "microchiped".

もう犬はロンセストン市役所に登録済みよ、とサラが言った。私には意味が分からなかった。犬が登録される?サラはそれがオーストラリアのルールなんだって説明してくれた。ペットの名前と飼い主の名前を登録しなくちゃいけない。犬の身体にはマイクロチップが埋め込まれてあるらしい。もしも、犬が逃げ出して、市役所が捕獲した場合の為に。つかまえた犬をスキャンしたら、犬の名前と飼い主の名前が分かるしくみなんだそうだ。「それってこわくない?つまり、その、身体の中にマイクロチップがあるなんて…」と私が言うと、ダグは「こわくないよ。マイクロチップはものすごく小さいからね」と答えた。でも…。私は納得できない。でも、もしかしたら犬は痛がってるかもしれないよ。と私が言ったらダグは「ノーノー」って答えた。犬が痛がってないなんてどうやったら分かるっていうのよ。私は犬の肩をじっと見つめた。

ダグが「僕はマイクロチップ化されてるからね」と言った。
 「えっ?何?」
私には彼が何を言ったのか分からなかった。
彼はゆっくりハッキリと言った「僕はマイクロチップ化されてる。」
「なんて言ったの?あなた、マイクロチップ化されているって言った?」
意味が分からない。私は混乱した。
ダグは黄色いティーシャツをたくし上げ、おなかをみせた。
そして、へその横を指差しながら「ここにマイクロチップがあるんだ」と言う。
彼が自分のからだにマイクロチップを打ち込んだのだと説明した。私は大混乱だ。
私は何か聞き間違えたのか、勘違いしてるんだろうか?
「えっと、だから、あなたのおなかの中には、マイクロチップがあるってこと?」
私は眉間にしわを寄せた。
「そうだよ。まだ登録してないけどね」と彼は答えた。
私は目をぱちくりさせ
小さな声で呟いた…「これってオーストラリアンジョーク?」
サラが言うには「本当よ。彼のおなかにはマイクロチップが入ってる。ただ普通は、そんなことしないけどね」
私は、彼が「マイクロチップ化」されているということを信じはじめた。でも分からない
「どうして?」って私が聞いたら
「おもしろいから!」って彼。
え?このひと、笑いの為だけに自分にマイクロチップ打ち込んだの?ちょっとクレイジーじゃない?
「いつか自分自身をタスマニアデビルとして市役所に登録したいな」
と言って彼は、笑いころげた。

えっと…とにかく…私はマイクロチップ化された人間に初めて出会った。

Sarah said she could prepare some foods if anyone felt hungry. I've noticed I was hungry. Sarah grilled vege-pate and toasted some pieces of bread. She spread the butter thinly and then spread a spoonful of tomato catni on the toast. She cooked vege-burger. It looked so yummy.
もし誰かおなかがすいてるんなら、なにか食べ物用意できるけど、とサラが言った。私は自分がはらぺこなことに気がついた。サラはベジパテをグリルして、数切れのパンをこんがりと焼き上げた。そのうえに薄くバターをぬって、スプーンにたっぷりいっぱいのトマトチャツネ(乾燥トマトをジャムのように煮詰めたもの)を重ねた。彼女はベジバーガーをつくった。すっごくおいしそうに見えた。


All of us; Clare, Sarah, Doug, James and me ate fresh vege-burger. When I was tasting the yummy vege-burger, Doug and Clare talked that this burger was made from dumpster diving.'dum....What did you say? ' I asked with my mouth full.  Clare and Doug said 'DUMPSTER DIVING' in chorus. I asked the spell of the dumpster diving and noted it on my sketch book. d-u-m-p-s-t-e-r, d-i-v-i-n-g.... I have never heard this words so I didn't know the meaning of dumpster diving. Clare explained gently, 'dumpster is American world.  Dumpster is actually one of the brand name of big rubbish bin. In Australian world, it could be... skip.' 'Yes, we call it skip in Australia.' Sarah agreed with Clare. Clare continued her explanation. 'Do you know that big supermarket produce huge waste? They throw away a lot of foods although foods are nothing wrong.' I said 'Why? It doesn't make sense. It must be loss for supermarket business. Why does big supermarket through food?' I couldn't comprehend dumpster diving; the big supermarket behavior. Clare explained to me politely that 'I don't know neither, but it have been happened in many countries, Australia, America, and... I guess... Japan too. '  I was confused again and my knitted my eyebrows again while I was eating vege-burger.

Doug opened his mouse and said 'anyway, this burger is made from dumpster diving.  In other words, these ingredients are come from rubbish bin.'
I froze.
What!?
He said the burger made by rubbish, didn't he?
So ....... I may ate rubbish!? Did I!?
I looked at the burger held by my hand.
Cold shivers ran up and down my spine.
Doug laughed.
'The foods don't have any problems. The dumpster is not actually rubbish bin. There are only food in the huge box. Foods are not too old. Don't worry.' Clare explained in a hurry.
Sarah showed me a loaf of bread which come from dumpster.
There were 3 more loaf of bread in the freezer.
The loaf looked ok. The smell was also ok.
'These ingredients suppose to become rubbish, but it became vege-burger.' Daugh said.
I scrawled the image of big rubbish bin on my sketchbook. James took away my sketch book and pen. He drew the box have two lids and the wire person. Doug interrupted James' drawing and took pen from James. Doug drew flat box looks like boat.
I guess Using dumpster diving is a kind of efficient waste managing. Anyway this vege-burger is yummy.

クレア、サラ、ダグ、ジェームスに私、みんなでできたてのベジバーガーを食べた。おいしいベジバーガーを味わっているとき、ダグとクレアがこのバーガーはダンプスターダイビングでできているのだと話しだした。「ダム…何て言ったの?」私はバーガーをほうばりながら聞いた。「ダンプスター ダイビング」ダグとクレアは口を揃えて言った。わたしはその単語の綴りを聞いて、スケッチブックにメモした。d-u-m-p-s-t-e-r, d-i-v-i-n-g。ダンプスターダイビングだなんて今まで聞いたこともない、もちろん意味も分からない。クレアが丁寧にゆっくりと説明をはじめた。「ダンプスターっていうのは、アメリカの言葉ね。そもそも、アメリカのおおきなゴミ箱のブランド名だったはず。オーストラリアの言葉だと…スキップ(skip)がそれにあたるかな。」「そうスキップ。オーストラリアではスキップっていうの。」サラが間の手をいれる。クレアは続けた「大手のスーパーマーケットが莫大な量のゴミを出しているってしってる?何の問題もない食材をどんどん捨てるの。」「どうして?そんなのおかしいよ。そんなのビジネス上でもロスでしょう?どうして食べ物を捨てるの?」私にはダンプスターダイビングという大手スーパーマーケットの行動が理解できない。「私にもよく分からないのよ。でも確かにおこっているの、オーストラリアでも、アメリカでも。それからたぶん…日本でも」上品でおっとりとしたクレアは辛抱強く丁寧に説明をつづけてくれる。私はまだよく分からない。ベジバーガーを食べながら、また自然と眉間にしわがより、考え込んでしまった。

ダグが口を開いた。「とにかく、このベジバーガーはダンプスターダイビングでできているんだ。つまり、言い換えると、このバーガーの材料はゴミ箱からあつめてきたんだよ。」
私は凍りついた。
何ですって!?
このバーガーは、ゴミでできてるって、そう言った?
ってことは、私、ゴミを食べているの?そういうこと?
私の両手にしっかりと握られているベジバーガーを見つめた。
背筋にぞくぞくっと悪寒が走った。
ダグが笑っている。
クレアが慌てて説明をした。「食べ物には何の問題もないのよ。ダンプスターって、その辺にあるゴミ箱とは違うから。おおきな箱に食べ物だけが入っているの。食材もそんなに古いわけじゃないし、心配しないで。」
サラが私に、ダンプスターダイビングのものだという一斤の食パンを見せてくれた。
冷凍庫にはもう三斤の食パンがある。
どれも見た感じ問題なさそうだ。においも大丈夫。
「この食材たちはゴミになるところだったんだ、だけどそれがベジバーガーになったんだよ」とダグが説明した。
私はスケッチブックをひらいて、ダンプスター;大きなゴミ箱のイメージの落書きをした。ジェームズが私のスケッチブックとペンをひったくって、そうじゃないんだと、二つの蓋つきの四角い箱と棒人間を描いた。こんどはダグがジェームズからスケッチブックをひったくって、そうじゃないんだと、ひらべったい船のような箱を描いた。

つまり、ダンプスターダイビングをつかうっていうことは、一種の有効的なウェストマネージングのひとつ、のようなものなんだろうか。なにはともあれ、このベジバーガーはおいしいし。



There are many things that I have never known, in the world.
I had never ate dump-star-vege-burger before I had dinner at this friend's house.
I had never met people have been micro-chipped before I met Doug.
The world might be more interesting than I thought.

I gnashed dumpster-diving-vege-burger.

世界には私の知らなかったことがたくさんあるみたいだ。
ダンプスターベジバーガーなんて今まで食べたことなかったし
マイクロチップ化された人間にも会ったことがなかった。
世界は思ってたより、おもしろい。


私は、ダンプスターベジバーガーにかぶりついた。


note of the day / その日のメモ 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you can register as a Tasmanian devil. Maybe I can register as a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you will be able to register as a Tasmania devil :D

    ReplyDelete