20110430

The dance of flame.



The hot days of summer has already passed in Tasmania.
The air is growing colder and leaves are turning into autumn.
I'm sitting near fireplace, warming my toes and fingers, and listening the chatty snappy fire.
During I was drawing couple of sketches,  the tall young guy walked out from bar counter and  added wood to the fire.
The fascinating dance of flame and the smell of bonfire, adding to my excitement.

Since I came down to Hobart on Sunday, I have been in peaceful quiet world.
I didn't bring my laptop and didn't touch any computers in this short easter trip.
No internet,  no facebook, no blog, no usetream, no news.
I guess it contribute to settle down my emotion.
Before this easter holiday, I had been busy on net surfing to search information about post disaster situation in Japan, especially nuclear power plant.
Japanese government, politicians, scientists, mass media, individual blogs, and friends have been uploading  news and I wanted to catch up.
I sometimes feel sad and depressed, sometimes got angry  and I was often disappointed.
It is not clear what information is truth.
I am wondering what should I do and where should we heading to.
There have been huge storm in my brain and heart from 11th March.
Because of this no internet trip, I now notice I was busy to searching information on the Internet.
I just bring my sketch book and one book; blossoms and shadow written by Lian Hearn.
I also notice that I didn't read much books these one month.



Walking in the autumn Hobart city with my sketch book and mapping the type of green -this is a part of my research- in the morning.
Cooking simple vege-soup pasta for my lunch at the kitchen at the backpacker.
Reading the book in the evening.
Watching  the dance of flame with a glass of beautiful scarlet colour drink -which the guy serviced to me, so I don't know the name.
Drawing whenever I want to do.

Traveling by my self is not so bad.



26th April 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment